What you need to know
Idlewild & SoakZone is a seasonal park open from late May to late September and weekends in October. Limited pre- and post-season part-time work is available. We need people for a variety of work schedules, including weekends.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, physical handicap or veteran status. Most jobs require applicants to be at least sixteen years of age. There are, however, some positions available for fifteen-year-olds. Fourteen-year-olds may apply to be considered for late season employment.
No prior experience is necessary, but we are looking for people who understand the importance of enjoying life, people who like to smile and help others, people who are just plain friendly.
How to Apply (For All Positions EXCEPT Entertainment. For Entertainment audition information, please scroll down.)
If you’re ready to become a part of our exciting team, click the link below to view current openings at the Palace Entertainment / Idlewild and SoakZone Career Center.
VIEW POSITIONS & APPLY NOW
- Once on the Careers Page, you will need to create a "Candidate Profile" by Registering on our site.
- Once registered, you may click on any open position and complete and submit an online application.
(PLEASE NOTE: Through default, all job position are preceeded by the word 'waterpark'. However, this is the career page for ALL POSITIONS within the park, whether they are located in the amusement section, waterpark, Story Book Forest, Jumpin' Jungle etc. Please disregard the label 'waterpark' and apply only based on the open position desired.)
- After that, simply check your email regularly for notices on the status of your application.
- You must have a valid, active, working email address to apply for any of our open positions as you will receive various email notifications, interview dates/times, next steps, etc. via email once you apply for a position.
- All NEW and RETURNING TEAM MEMBERS ARE REQUIRED to provide necessary proof of eligibility and legal authorization to work in the United States as provided under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Please bring proper identification with you to complete the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form. If you are under the age of 18, you will also be required to provide a Work Permit (if applicable). We use E-Verify which requires a picture ID if you are presenting a List B Document (e.g., Driver’s License, State ID Card, School ID Card, etc.).
- Please use the exact name, as it appears on your Social Security Card, when completing your application.
E-Verify: Idlewild & SoakZone participates in E-Verify. Click Image for more information
Experience, Money, Fun & Perks!
You not only have an opportunity to gain valuable job experience, make friends of all ages and receive a paycheck, you also get...
- Family atmosphere
- Park sponsored Team Member events
- Complimentary admission to Idlewild & SoakZone and our Sister Parks
- Flexible Scheduling
- Outstanding Performance Awards
THE BEST SUMMER JOB EXPERIENCE EVER!
If you are looking for a summer job that does more than pay you for your time, Idlewild & SoakZone has the job for you! We'll pay you to have fun! We believe that if you are having fun at your job, our Guests will have fun too.
Just like our Guests who come back year after year... you will want to come back to Idlewild & SoakZone each summer. Most of our Team Leaders have worked their way from seasonal employees to full-time or part-time managers. Many of our Team Members are students and have never had previous employment. They find that the friendly and fun atmosphere here is a great place to get experience! Calling all Teachers, Parents, and Senior Citizens...Idlewild is looking for you, too!! Earn extra summer money. Work weekends. We are flexible. You, too, can be part of the growing Team of adult employees at Idlewild. If you like working outdoors, catering, or simply working with people.this could be the place for you.
OUR MISSION IS TO PROVIDE THE FINEST IN FAMILY FUN & ENTERTAINMENT!!!
A show as large as ours makes flexible scheduling and part-time scheduling available. Tell us when you are available. We may have a schedule that fits your needs. Keep in mind that availability dates and times are very important and have a strong bearing on consideration for employment, after all, we have a show to produce!
Hours may fluctuate due to weather and park attendance. Therefore, we cannot guarantee a specific number of hours each week. Everyday "the show must go on" for our guests making it vital that you have reliable transportation.
Idlewild and SoakZone is owned and operated by Palace Entertainment. Palace Entertainment is one of the country’s largest operators of water parks, theme parks and family entertainment centers. The Company is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. The Company promotes and supports a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment background screening.
On behalf of Idlewild and SoakZone and Palace Entertainment, we thank you for your interest!
Entertainment Audition Information
Auditions have already been conducted in the area by RWS and Associates for the 2013 summer season. If any further auditions are scheduled, we will post the information here. Thank you.